Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] alvinamorey@notmail.com is offline

Default How can I tell if the wires are 14 gauge or 12 gauge?

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 12:18:24 -0700, CJ wrote:

I have a metal encased electrical wire, I think its 14/3, how can I be
sure. I don't have the romex yellow (12 gauge) or white (14 gauge)
which makes it easy to determine. Is there data on the wires telling
me what gauge they are?

Metal encased in what? EMT conduit, BX, Greenfield, or ??????
You are much too vague. Did you try to read the wires themselves? In
Conduit they are usually labelled. Or put a micrometer on the copper
wire ends.