Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
Bob[_4_] Bob[_4_] is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

raden wrote:

In message , Morris Dovey
writes
willshak wrote:

| Why is it that some believe that the US Constitution guarantees
| weapons ownership?

Because it does (in the last fourteen words of what you've quoted
below.)

| Most of these people have never read the law, and those that have
| read it, completely ignore the first clause of the sentence.
| "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free
| state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be
| infringed".

That first clause is the rationale for what follows. If you don't
understand the motivation, a review of colonial history will
contribute to your appreciation of the principles involved. You might
find a review of the grievances listed in the Declaration of
Independence illuminating. The authors of the Constitution ensured
that citizens would be empowered to say "No!" to tyranny - both from
outside and from within our borders.

If you want to rebut by pointing out that there is no tyranny, then I
give you my very happiest smiley. :-)

One of our political comedians offered three thousand pounds ( the
proceeds from an article he wrote) to anyone who killed George Bush, and
as a true patriot, you should all be leaping at the chance

I can hear the sound of splintering wood and breaking glass now!
And the wan and pitiful sound of someone who is about to disappear forever
screaming that they have rights.