Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Gray Michael Gray is offline

Default Take this test. See how you compare to elite College students

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 00:22:45 -0500, Spehro Pefhany wrote:

"TwoGuns" wrote in message

Take the 60 question test and see how your results compare to those
of students at some of America's elite Universities and Colleges. I
was disappointed in my score. . . until I compared it to the
results of students from Harvard, Yale and some of the elite
schools. Enjoy,

http://www.americancivicliteracy.org/

You answered 52 out of 60 correctly 86.67 % Average score for this
quiz during September: 73.0% Average score since September 18, 2007:
73.0%

I attended school in the UK where, for some reason, American History and
Civics isn't a big thing. So, sorry, I only got 68.33%, that'll drag
the September average down guys! My apologies.
I noted the obligatory mention of Canada (there HAS to be at least one
mention in every US movie anyway), and so I got number 5 correct. I
emigrated to Canada in 1962.
Same as you Spehro, got number 60 as "interest on the national debt".
Would have answered the same for most Western nations. Interesting test
for me at any rate.
Mike in BC

Where to from here?
Answers to Your Missed Questions:
Question #5 - D. Yorktown
Question #9 - B. was a stalemate.
Question #13 - B. the nature and control of Reconstruction.
Question #23 - B. Marbury v. Madison.
Question #32 - B. Common Sense.
Question #35 - A. discouraged new colonies in the Western hemisphere.
Question #55 - E. increased for the lower and middle classes and
increased most for the upper class.
Question #60 - B. social security.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany