Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Brent is offline

Default Take this test. See how you compare to elite College students

On Sep 19, 7:26 am, " wrote:
I asked a high school senior when Columbus discovered America. His
answer was 1942. So obviously he was taught the answer but not how to
think and be self correcting.
Karl

Maybe I'm odd But;

To me thats worse than not knowing. I have a parakeet in my living
room that i can teach that trick to. It doesnt have to know anything
to answer back 1492 if it hears the word columbus. "Parrotting"
answers doesn't add comprehension and is a sign that they didnt
actually UNDERSTAND anything they just repeated.

Isn't it Scary that a highschool senior can repeat but not yet think?
I hope I'm not the only person bothered by a statement like that

Brent