Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] kfvorwerk@gmail.com is offline

Default Take this test. See how you compare to elite College students

I asked a high school senior when Columbus discovered America. His
answer was 1942. So obviously he was taught the answer but not how to
think and be self correcting.
Karl

On Sep 18, 6:10 pm, "Jerry Foster"
wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"TwoGuns" wrote in message
oups.com...

Take the 60 question test...

BTW, I was relieved to see that my son's university scored 3rd in the
nation, well above Princeton, etc. It makes my financial pain a little
easier to take.

However, I'm not happy with any of those scores, which are abyssmal, IMO.

--
Ed Huntress

Abysmal (one "s," Ed...) is an understatement. I missed 3 (95%) and I'm an
engineer, not an historian. And I haven't set foot in a classroom in more
years
than I choose to admit.

But I was one of those who dropped out of college and went back later. They
made me take a U.S. History class I didn't want. It seemed to me to be more
or less at a junior high level. I was talking to the professor after one
day and
said that I was rather disappointed in his class. He pointed out that, for
many
of the students, this was their first exposure to the material. Now, we had
a lot
of students that were not U.S. natives. So, I retorted that, for graduates
of a
foreign high school that were not ready for a college level American History
course, perhaps a remedial class would be in order.

The professor's eyebrows went up, he shook his head and said, "I'm not
talking
about the foreign students."- Hide quoted text -