Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jethro Jethro is offline

Default Fridge not getting so cold now ... suggestions

On 19 Sep, 12:53, Mogga wrote:
On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 04:25:37 -0700, Jethro
wrote:

Hi all

the built-under fridge we had when we moved in (it's about 8 years old
now) is not keeping things as cold as it used to ... it seems well
ventilated, but the compressor seems to run more than it used to.

Could it have leaked refridgerant, and if so, are there places that
can re-gas, or am I doomed to get a new one ?

Anyone else suggest possible causes and checks ?

thanks in advance

Pull it out and give the back a vaccum first - give it a clean and
make sure the overflow bit at the back isn't blocked.

Interesting, what does the "overflow" bit do ?

Get a thermometer and check what temperature it's getting to. Does the
thermostat in it make a difference?

I'll need the thermometer to check .... !