Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
trijcomm trijcomm is offline

Default PHOTOS FROM INSIDE IRAN

On Sep 18, 9:07 pm, Zaphod Beeblebrox
wrote:
Disculpa Senora trijcomm, pero did you really mime the following on
9/18/2007 9:59 PM???

On Sep 18, 5:19 pm, "Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:
"trijcomm" wrote

http://www.lucasgray.com/video/peacetrain.html
Bout time the Iranian people spoke to the idiots in their government then.
The problem in Iran isn't so much the government as it is the clerical
class.
Ahmadenijad has very little power in Iran, but the Ayatollah's trump
even him.
A while back there was a British journalist who went into Tehran and it
was a bit disconcerting to me. It was one of those never think about it
issues but it's a modern city.
More to the point, the sentiment among the people is changing. The
Ayatollah's don't hold much power over the youth in the country. So we
could see change sooner than later.
Iranians hate the Shah but miss the lifestyle they had under him.
The people want a situation more like Turkey.
--Tedward- Hide quoted text -
And so they went out and elected who they did as their president. I
think your statements here are more wishful thinking and hoping than
anything else -- much like the German sympathizers before WWII.
Do you know a anything about Iran? You probably think they are
Arabs too.
Public support for reform is strong -- see the previous president
who served two terms and was very popular, especially among the
women and youth. You might as well claim America is a bible
thumping nation just because we elected Reagan and the Bush clan.
Or you could read National Geographic's last article on the place.
There is a significant Islamic law faction, but it isn't so much
anti-West as anti-Israel and anti-America. Unfortunately they
got enough power to keep it -- they started keeping reformists
from running for office in 1994.
--Tedward- Hide quoted text -
So you spout off all this misnnformation about Iran and then dare
declare,
Feel to point some out.

"Do you know anything about Iran?" Your statement about "see
the previous president" to prove your point is extremely weak, since
they went ahead and elected an anti-Jewish Hitler who wants to destroy
Jews and is doing everything he can to get the job done. Oh, I'm sure
public reform is strong -- up in the hills and mountains where they
run and hide so they can wear their hair the way they want to. Let's
be clear -- wearing hair in an "anti-Islamic manner" is far, far from
"reform." We are talking institutionalized hate here that is bound and
determined to manifest itself by the destruction of an entire state
and its supporters. Your arguments are Larouchian.
Just because some Iranians want to wipe out Israel has nothing
to do with my original assertion:

"Iranians hate the Shah but miss the lifestyle they had under him.
The people want a situation more like Turkey."

Btw, you don't sound any better than Iran's president.

--Tedward- Hide quoted text -

You are sadly, sadly mistaken. These people got what they want. You
don't seem to understand the culture of the Iranians.

Just out of curiosity, how many Iranians have you actually met or spoken
to? And please enlighten us - what exactly is this "culture of the
Iranians" that you refer to?

--
I'm so hip I have trouble seeing over my pelvis.
I'm so cool you can keep a side of meat in me for months.- Hide quoted text -

As a matter of fact, I have spoken to several who were fortunate
enough to get out of Dodge. As for the culture, I don't think the West
has any idea of how important religion is to the Muslim world because
the West sees it in a very, very minor role in their lives. Thing is,
religion is the biggest thing in the lives of Muslims such as the
Iranians. They may walk around with the haircuts, music and watch
movies, but they are bowing to Mecca five times a day. Until you can
grasp the importance of religion in the lives of Iran today and until
you can understand how it is THE overwhelming force in Iran, then you
have no idea of what you are talking about. The Iranians don't see
life as the West sees it. You just don't understand why the Iranians
go ballistic when somebody draws a caricature of Mohammad, or how they
stone people for committing adultery, or how they would kill any
Muslim who converts to Christianity. Until you understand that, you
are lost.