Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default PHOTOS FROM INSIDE IRAN

"Janet" wrote in message

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
news:Cx0Ii.7345$A72.1397@trnddc08...

LongRodSilver wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 22:07:01 -0400, "Janet"
wrote:

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message

"Janet" wrote in message
Interesting photos, thanks.

Although I completely oppose the idea of attacking Iran--and

opposed
the
invasion of Iraq--I find the choice of musical accompaniment rather
interesting, since the convert-to-Islam version of Cat Stevens came

out
in
public support of the fatwa calling for the murder of Salman

Rushdie.
Not
the action of a peace activist, hmmm?

Rushdie is still alive and making public appearances. The Fatwa was

symbolic gesture. If they were serious, he would not have lasted a

day.
Britain has a great many Muslims and I'm sure one would have gotten
the
job
done.

Paul

Rushdie lived in hiding for years, protected by the British

government.

The fatwa was evil, and Cat Stevens showed just how vicious he was by
publicly supporting it.

But... islime is the religion of piece.. a piece of this country and
a piece of that country..

submit or die

Submit to the love of Christ or suffer the purification of the flames.

convert or die..

Convert to Christ and still die. Convert now before we kill you so that
you
can enter the kingdom of God. But we're still going to kill you
regardless.
That was once known as Christian compassion. Just as Montezuma.

So about as peaceful as Christianity, actually much more so when you
consider the millions of people and civilizations wiped out by the
Spaniards, the Inquisition (what a show) our own destruction of the

native
populations to clear the land for the manifest destiny (aka God's will)

of
Christian settlers and of course interfaith warfare just to name a

couple.
Hardly a stellar record of peace and compassion. Ever see a protestant

in
an Irish pub? No? There's a reason for that.

When you look at the scope of just the numbers, well Christianity has
been
far more reaching, far more destructive and far more dangerous to the
world.
An undeniable fact but one always forgotten by Christians.

Paul

Who said anything about Christianity? I'm not a Christian, and certainly
won't defend the numerous odious things that have been done in its name.

Pointing out that evil has been done in the name of other religions

doesn't
excuse the action of Cat Stevens or other fanatics of any stripe.

He may be a fanatic, I don't know. But it is absolutely unfair and also
impossible to examine the intentions of any people based on their religion
without looking inward to one's own. And in the US that would be
Christianity. You want peaceful religions look to the Buddhists and the
Hindu. They've had their moments, but it is miniscule compared to
Christianity's history. The Koran borrows much from the Torah - the two
are amazingly alike. A lot of the things allegedly evil about Islam are
also found in Judaism's writings. But we don't hold that against the Jews
as a matter of course, we judge them on a different level. If we held them
to the same standard as we do Islam well that would be refreshing. Israel
can be an awfully had country to like sometimes. Seems the old adage about
the oppressed eventually becoming the oppressor is alive and well.

Paul