Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
Charles Charles is offline

Default PHOTOS FROM INSIDE IRAN

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 03:09:32 GMT, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:

"Janet" wrote in message

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message

"Janet" wrote in message
Interesting photos, thanks.

Although I completely oppose the idea of attacking Iran--and opposed

the
invasion of Iraq--I find the choice of musical accompaniment rather
interesting, since the convert-to-Islam version of Cat Stevens came out
in
public support of the fatwa calling for the murder of Salman Rushdie.

Not
the action of a peace activist, hmmm?

Rushdie is still alive and making public appearances. The Fatwa was a
symbolic gesture. If they were serious, he would not have lasted a day.
Britain has a great many Muslims and I'm sure one would have gotten the
job
done.

Paul

Rushdie lived in hiding for years, protected by the British government.

True, but he managed to appear in public quite often at events that were
planned well in advance and that it was known he would appear at them.

The fatwa was evil, and Cat Stevens showed just how vicious he was by
publicly supporting it.

I'd like to know why he did it. To be a good Muslim he could still have
said nothing. This angle of it I am not sure about.

Paul

He's publicly addressed it. should be available on the web, I don't
remember enough details to talk about it.