Posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,rec.sport.football.college,alt.home.repair,rec.photo.digital,rec.food.cooking
rich hammett rich hammett is offline

Default PHOTOS FROM INSIDE IRAN

In rec.sport.football.college Janet sanoi, hitaasti kuin hämähäkki:

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message

"Janet" wrote in message
Interesting photos, thanks.

Although I completely oppose the idea of attacking Iran--and opposed the
invasion of Iraq--I find the choice of musical accompaniment rather
interesting, since the convert-to-Islam version of Cat Stevens came out
in
public support of the fatwa calling for the murder of Salman Rushdie. Not
the action of a peace activist, hmmm?

Rushdie is still alive and making public appearances. The Fatwa was a
symbolic gesture. If they were serious, he would not have lasted a day.
Britain has a great many Muslims and I'm sure one would have gotten the
job
done.

Rushdie lived in hiding for years, protected by the British government.

The fatwa was evil, and Cat Stevens showed just how vicious he was by
publicly supporting it.

At least the Japanese translator of the Satanic Verses was killed
as part of that campaign.

It was a symbolic gesture in the same way as Bush declaring war
on terrorism was a symbolic gesture.

rich
--
-to reply, it's hot not warm