Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,alt.fan.cecil-adams

Default Pet Food, Toothpaste, Lead Paint, and now....

Neal Eckhardt wrote:

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 11:54:53 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Testing fuses is sort of like testing firecrackers isn't it? The good
ones are rendered unusable if they "pass". G

I heard a story a few years back about a company that went to 100%
testing of all components. The production department got a shipment of
fuses with the QC statements that they all blew at the proper
amperage.

That isn't how you test a fuse. There is QC, by monitoring the
temperature with an IR camera or thermometer. Some Defense contractors
were required to do 100% testing on components, because the product was
for mission critical use. Cincinnati Electronics had a couple people
who took reeled passives and ran them on automated test fixtures. If a
part was out of spec, it was automatically cut from the T&R. If the
percentage was too high, the whole reel went back to the vendor.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida