Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,alt.fan.cecil-adams

Default Pet Food, Toothpaste, Lead Paint, and now....

Neal Eckhardt wrote:

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 14:07:40 -0400, Lee Ayrton
wrote:

Groups list noted.

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007, Uncle Monster wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

On the other hand, there are some Chinese plants that are producing
world-class injection-molded parts, which means they're making world-class
injection molds. Those plants I've read about were managed by western or
Hong Kong-based management.

It appears to be a mixed bag, but the general level of quality is somewhat
less than we expect in the west.

When I was a kid, "Made In Japan" meant "cheap junk".
An American professor developed the science of quality
control, American companies blew him off, the Japanese
listened. Give the Chinese time, they're learning.

The Version That I Heard held that Japan in the 1950s was filling an
available market niche: Cheaply made goods. It wasn't that Japan didn't
have the talent to engineer and build quality goods (witness their war
production, particularly their aircraft and optics). Rather, they were
making what the world would buy. Even while they were making trinklets
and easily broken junk, Nikon was getting favorable notices in the New
York Times.

http://www.nikon.co.jp/main/eng/port...te_history.htm

The version I heard was that all those cheap toys from the 50s were
manufactured for the Chinese market. Theywere never meant to be sent
to the US. Somebody bought them and started shipping them over here.

Then explain the crappy electronics they shipped here, well into the
'80s. It was designed and built for 120 VAC, 60 Hz.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida