Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus29233 Ignoramus29233 is offline

Default Take this test. See how you compare to elite College students

On 19 Sep 2007 02:13:22 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 20:52:16 -0500, Ignoramus29233 wrote:
On 18 Sep 2007 23:48:16 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:02:32 -0500, Ignoramus29233 wrote:

You answered 52 out of 60 correctly 86.67 %

You answered 45 out of 60 correctly ┠75.00 %

On the other hand, does it make a difference if it was Burke or Locke
who said one thing or another...

It was a pretty well written test despite a high reliance on, well,
trivia. Seems to mix understanding (the part I do better with) with
memorization (not so much). Couple outright surprises like #60 - I
answered "servicing the debt" as well.

I am the same way, as well, remembering details is my challenge (to
put it in a positive light). Sometimes I can dismiss some multiple
choice answers as clearly nonsensical, from wrong time period, or as
not applying to question, even if I do not know the actual answer (if
it was asked open ended). 12 years ago I studied to take a GMAT test,
and the books talked about some useful test taking tricks like this:

Example: who said "give me liberty or give me death"?

A) Albert Einstein
B) Patrick Henry
C) Jesus Christ
D) Bob Swinney
E) Claude Monet

Even if I did not know who it was, or had no idea who was Patrick
Henry, but knew the other four people, it is pretty clear that four
out of five choices are not very likely to be correct.

Usually in a test, you can dismiss 2-3, if not 4, answers
outright. That helps raise the score a little.