Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wards Lathe

On Sep 17, 9:55 am, "Clay" wrote:
Now that is very impressive!!
66 years later and still suppyling parts.
Not many companies can say that.
Clay

"Scott S. Logan" wrote in messagenews:jmrse3pe5cltlpiucic2l2q56egik5aj8d@4ax .com...

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 01:38:13 GMT, "Mike"
wrote:

Does anyone anything about a Montgomery Wards Power Kraft model
14TLC-699,-700 ? I think it was made by Logan. Any opinions about
whether
this might be a good starter lathe. Also, any known issues with this
series
or model.

Since I am biased, I won't try to comment on the quality, but it was
popular lathe, and many are still in use.

Yes, it was built by Logan Engineering Co., for Montgomery Wards,
this
one probably around 1941. This is a 10" x 24", similar to, but not
the same as, a Logan Model 210.

NEW Parts, accessories and manuals are still available from us.

| Scott Logan - ssl "at" lathe.com |
| Logan Actuator Co.http://www.lathe.com |
| Harvard, IL |
|++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++|
| Parts and Accessories for Logan Lathes and |
| Montgomery Wards Lathes |
| Logan-Lilly Mine Hoist Safety Controllers |
"Measure Twice, Cut Once"

RCM FAQ -http://w3.uwyo.edu/~metal
Metal Web News -http://www.metalwebnews.com/
Help squash SPAM:http://www.cauce.org/- Hide quoted text -

The Logan lathe is a good machine and Scott is an excellent person.

I would rather have a Logan than a South Bend....and I have had
several of both brands...guess which ones I kept?

The name starts with a "L".

TMT