Posted to alt.home.repair
tony tony is offline

Default T&P relief valve - nowhere to drain?

Excuse me Sir but you are saying that relief valve is piped out side
Yes so what, it is bloody relief valve it is safety device which
should not be dumping water out at any time unless you have
some kind of problem with system. fix problem and you don't
need to worry about grass is that simple.
Tony

"sylvan butler" wrote in message
rnal...
On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 17:59:50 -0500, HeyBub wrote:
That'll work. And perhaps code in your area allows UP.

Both of my water heaters are in the basement, T&P goes up and to
outside (yes, we get freezing weather). To accomodate "up" the T&P
plumbing needed to go down for about six inches, small hole in the elbow
and then go up and out. The "down and small hole" prevent the back-up
water problem, as well as make it obvious water is coming out. Install
was inspected and approved ca. 2005. Oh, and the second water heater is
a high temperature unit regularly operating over 190F (210F T&P).
Discharge water totally kills the grass.

sdb
--
What's seen on your screen? http://PcScreenWatch.com
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com