Posted to alt.home.repair
sylvan butler[_4_] sylvan butler[_4_] is offline

Default T&P relief valve - nowhere to drain?

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 17:59:50 -0500, HeyBub wrote:
That'll work. And perhaps code in your area allows UP.

Both of my water heaters are in the basement, T&P goes up and to
outside (yes, we get freezing weather). To accomodate "up" the T&P
plumbing needed to go down for about six inches, small hole in the elbow
and then go up and out. The "down and small hole" prevent the back-up
water problem, as well as make it obvious water is coming out. Install
was inspected and approved ca. 2005. Oh, and the second water heater is
a high temperature unit regularly operating over 190F (210F T&P).
Discharge water totally kills the grass.

sdb
--
What's seen on your screen? http://PcScreenWatch.com
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com