Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,alt.fan.cecil-adams
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Pet Food, Toothpaste, Lead Paint, and now....

"Geoff" wrote in message

It appears to be a mixed bag, but the general level of quality is
somewhat
less than we expect in the west.

Given the total domination of Chinese products in almost all areas of the
market, I woudl say teh Chinese are making exactly the quality level that
we expect in the West...

There's nothing like "total domination." China only provides 15.5% of US
imports. Mexico and Japan, together, make up 19%. Canada is 16.4%. And so
on.

On the whole, China's quality is somewhat less than that of our other top
trading partners.

--
Ed Huntress