Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bart V[_2_] Bart V[_2_] is offline

Default A belated thank you for chainsaw tips

Quite some while ago I asked for tips on how to properly cut logs with
my chainsaw. I really liked the one someone suggested about the
up/down hill cutting for going length wise along the grain. And
especially the one about trying a new chain to see how it compares
with the original one that came with the saw when I bought it.
I picked up a new chain last night and why not, for only $12 more
there was a special on an 18" bar & chain so my 16 incher got upgraded
in the process. Just came in for a sandwich after trying them tips
this morning. Things went lickedy split split split and now I can save
some chunks for turning instead of only [fireplace] burning next time
I get a load of fresh road kill. After 3 hours the chain is still
sharp, who knew ))
Thanks a lot folks!
Bart.
-
**botox treatments: taxidermy on the living**

Email replies via: www.haruteq.com/contact.htm
awesome banjo bridges, tabs, stained glass:
=== www.haruteq.com ===