Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dehumidifier: Compressor or Dessicant?

In article . com,
writes:
Chris,

Yes I have looked at the causes & have made the changes that we can
(eg installing a decent bathroom fan). However until we have an
extension done we're stuck with poor ventilation in the kitchen and
the problem of continual drying of clothes from our 2 small children.
Both things should change over time...

In terms of buying a dehumidifier - I've gone for a compressor as per
the consensus. I'd just bought it when I saw the comment about Amcor,
so I'll have to see how I get on.

Thanks for the responses,

I'd suggest investing in a hygrometer, to make sure you aren't
over-drying the air, which can cause problems with timber in
the area (furniture or part of the building). You can pick up
a cheap greenhouse one for a couple of quid. The built-in
humidistats can be very crude.

--
Andrew Gabriel