Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] michaeld121@hotmail.com is offline

Default Dehumidifier: Compressor or Dessicant?

Chris wrote:
Dear Michael
Have you considered the alternative control method avoiding the need
for desiccation? namely stopping the water coming in in the first
place? It may be that with appropriate trickle vents and life changes
you can avoid this purchase.

Chris,

Yes I have looked at the causes & have made the changes that we can
(eg installing a decent bathroom fan). However until we have an
extension done we're stuck with poor ventilation in the kitchen and
the problem of continual drying of clothes from our 2 small children.
Both things should change over time...

In terms of buying a dehumidifier - I've gone for a compressor as per
the consensus. I'd just bought it when I saw the comment about Amcor,
so I'll have to see how I get on.

Thanks for the responses,

Michael