Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Young Don Young is offline

Default Tightening slip nut inside sink pedestal --- help!

"Ben" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just installed a pedestal sink. I attached all the plumbing after
the pedestal was in place, since that was the only way I could see to
work things. After I had it all together, I discovered a small leak
at the slip nut where the drain tailpipe extension attaches to the p-
trap. Because this nut is inside the pedestal and behind the p-trap,
I can't get at it with any tool to tighten it. I bought an adjustable
spud wrench today, but it's simply too big to fit inside there. The
back of the pedestal is about 7" from the wall.

Any ideas how I can tighten this a little more? How can I get into
that small space?

Thanks in advance,
-Ben

Maybe take the sink back out of its installed position? You have to be able
to service the plumbing so it should not be permanently inaccessible.
However you do it know will be how you do it in the future. If it is worth
it, you could possibly fabricate a special wrench.

Don Young