Posted to rec.woodworking
Ron Magen Ron Magen is offline

Default McFeely's

.. . . I have not gone off on a specialty screw hunt. McFeely's certainly
looks like an easier shopping place than other places.

"Mark & Juanita" wrote
Lew Hodgett wrote:

SNIP

SFWIW, if you are looking for S/S fasteners, they all come in from
offshore.

Lately, it has been India.

I don't think it is so much the point of origin but the quality control
and quality specs that drive the price the importing company is willing to
pay.

SNIP

I'm a big user of screws . . . vs. nails. Predominately this means SS,
followed by Bronze {Marine}, then McFeeley's 'Yellow Zinc' - with a
'100-hour Salt Spray test' - followed by the more 'common' coated steel. I
have tried to convert completely to 'square drive' for good, solid,
mechanical reasons. They are even used for 'land-based' & 'home' projects.

That being said, it took me some time to arrive at this stage. I absolutely
HATE paying shipping charges . . . especially when they go up by steep
increments. Plus this stuff is HEAVY. I've had very good service from
McFeeley's - hopefully this will continue. I plan ahead on my orders and get
'efficient quantities'. I WILL check with Grainger . . . there used to be a
local 'office' in a nearby industrial park.

Regards & Thanks,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop