Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
The Davenport's The Davenport's is offline

Default Turning Rulon...Sorry...being too flip

I turned some Rulon today to make some bearings. Nice stuff, although
you
really have to keep the cutoff tool close to the chuck.

Tim Wescott

Nothing much to say about the tooling other than the "sharp, sharp,
sharp" thing is deadnuts accurate.

However, WEAR A RESPIRATOR!!!!!!!

The fumes are bad, both for short- and long-term exposures.

Short-term can cause BAD headaches, nausea, burning eyes and a nose that
only Rudolfs mom would love.

Long-term can cause a couple kinds of cancers and other never-get-overs.

Huh? This stuff is Teflon and rust, as far as I know. Unless you are
really going at it in high speed production, you shouldn't be heating it
anywhere near the decomposition temperature of Teflon, which is 450 C.
Rust doesn't sound that poisonous, although the dust might be nasty.

Is there something else in there?

Jon

Sorry...I was being a little flip as to the long term effects...shouldn't
have done it, but I did...sorry.

The short term effects, however, I'l stand by what I said.

Mike