Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Need to connect two waste pipes to trap

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 09:42:07 +0100 someone who may be Marky P
wrote this:-

I have just bought my first dishwasher, but my waste trap only has one
waste pipe connection which is being used by the washing machine. Any
idea where I can get an adapter to connect both pipes? So far I've
only seen complete waste traps, but I only need the bit that screws on
to my current waste trap with two pipe connectors.

You are assuming that there is a suitable bit to screw on. There may
not be one, though without knowing more about your trap I doubt if
anyone could say.

Traps which take two machine outlets are available from a range of
suppliers, in a variety of designs. Someone who can afford a
dishwasher should be able to buy such a trap and they tend to be
flexible enough to fit most situations.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh