Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Turning Rulon

I turned some Rulon today to make some bearings. Nice stuff, although you
really have to keep the cutoff tool close to the chuck.

All that Saint-Gobain says about turning it is that the tools need to be
sharp sharp sharp and the lathe needs to be clean clean clean. I'm more
wondering if there is a tool set up that's best or if a tool that's good
for aluminum will be good for Rulon, and if there's anything special I
need to do to put a good finish on one (other than using my own damn
tools, or borrowing the shop of someone who actually has a round-nose
finishing tool).

Thanks in advance.

--
Tim Wescott