Winston

Default How to make things for money at home

Danny wrote:
I sont have alot of experience but a lot of determination. I have some
hand grinders and mig and arc welders.

Is there something that would be useful I could maufacture in my
garage and sell on ebay or something for money. Mainly as a hobby. I
am no looking to get rich, just some pocket money for the new baby
that is on the way.

(Snip)
Any advice?

Have a look at the dropbox:

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/OilChange.txt
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/OilChange.jpg

This is something you could make easily and sell for reasonable money.
I made a crude version that works properly but I would like to be able
to buy a nice one from an auto store.

It could be marketed as the perfect gift for the home mechanic.

Bonus points for a version to accommodate a drain pan *or* a bucket.

More bonus points for a version that doesn't require a heavily weighted
base as this one does. (A broad based 'A' frame, perhaps?)

--Winston