Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Gorilla Glue

wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with Gorilla glue? I'm repair an
antique and need to glue some blocks on the bottom of it for the
casters. I only want to use glue because that's what was used
originally and I want to keep it as original as possible. Just
wondering if the glue will hold or is there a better alternative.

As others point out, it is a polyurethane which foams on curing. In my
experience, polyurethanes do not have the stability of older glues and
degrade over time. I personally would not use it on an item that I would
want to keep around for a long time.

Crosslinked, or cured resins are not soluble in solvents but may be
plasticized, or absorb enough solvent to soften and be able to be
physically removed.

Frank