Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - 25 Skills Every HSMer Should Know: The List?

Jon Danniken wrote:

"William Noble" wrote:
and, furthermore, patching a radiator hose on a modern vehicle is pretty
marginal - I have blown a hose in the middle of nowhere and taped it with
duct tape - with the radiator cap off (to keep pressure down) I made it to
a place that could order a hose and not charge me $400 for "installation",
but that kind of patch won't work if you let the system operate normally.

I wonder if that is what they meant by patch?

Ah, I dunno, but thanks for the tip in any case; never thought to leave the
cap off to keep the pressure from blowing out the temp patch.

Jon

I had a hole develop in the top tube in the radiator on my '73 Chevy
stepvan (292, six cylinder). I cut the slug out of the radiator cap and
filled the overflow tank, then I drove it 1050 miles and only lost a
quart of coolant.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell