Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default McFeely's

"Jim Behning" wrote:

I have suffered that with lag bolts that floated across an ocean to my
job site.

I guess if you think square drive is the cat's meow then your local
hardware store may not be the place for you. That said the local
hardware store will likely never be the place to go compared to an
industrial fastners supply house. I have driven a block from the
hardware store to the fastners store to get bolts. I do not know the
country of origin of McFeely's fastners but the fastener store sources
from all those wonderful over seas factories. So far they have had
what I wanted in a quality sufficient for my tasks. But I have not
gone off on a specialty screw hunt. McFeely's certainly looks like an
easier shopping place than other places.

SFWIW, if you are looking for S/S fasteners, they all come in from offshore.

Lately, it has been India.

Lew