Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Walker Steve Walker is offline

Default so I bought something I can't use - anyone want it/trade/???comparator

William Noble wrote:
at a swap meet, there was this large lonley looking machine thingie in a big
box, so I bought it and dragged it home - found a manual in the box
explaining that it is a Prat & Whitney Sigmatic vertical mechanical
comparator - looks like it will clean up and be fine, but I haven't lifted
it out of the car yet (hurt back, need to wait a few more days). Now that I
know what it is, I am quite sure I'll never need it, though I suppose I
could put the anvil aside to use for some purpose - I'd rather see this find
a good home - will trade for something I can use, or of course cold hard
cash - it's heavy, and in the Los Angeles area - if you want it, contact me
using the instructions below. If you want to talk about the foolishness of
buying yet another tool to "find out what it is, really", then have at it on
the list - I'm sure we can all add our valuable input. This thing was
certainly NOT CHEAP at one time - it's a lot cheaper now....

What does the scale read? I used to repair hundreds of these things for
the Chrysler transmission plant in Kokomo.

--
Steve Walker
(remove wallet to reply)