Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Gorilla Glue

Red wrote in
ups.com:

On Sep 15, 10:38 am, "
wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with Gorilla glue? I'm repair an
antique and need to glue some blocks on the bottom of it for the
casters. I only want to use glue because that's what was used
originally and I want to keep it as original as possible. Just
wondering if the glue will hold or is there a better alternative.

Thanks,

Not that it relates to your intended usage, but here's my experience
with it. I used it on several items made from pressure treated wood,
said items sat outside on the ground. All the glued joints came apart
within a year. Don't know if the problem was the glue, the PT wood, or
the ground contact, but it sure didn't work like I expected.

Red

PT wood does not absorb glue like untreated wood.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik