Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default Gorilla Glue

" wrote in
message ps.com...
Does anyone have any experience with Gorilla glue? I'm repair an
antique and need to glue some blocks on the bottom of it for the
casters. I only want to use glue because that's what was used
originally and I want to keep it as original as possible. Just
wondering if the glue will hold or is there a better alternative.

To get a good joint, both surfaces have to be flat and smooth. And it would
be nice to be able to clamp them after application.
I am guessing that the bottom of your legs are not flat, and you probably
can't clamp either.
On the other hand, this sounds like a pretty low stress situation, so a
great joint isn't necessary.

Gorilla glue will fill gaps and does not need to be clamped. However it
will not be very strong under those circumstances. But, it might well work
for your purpose. Unfortunately it also foams out the side of the joint,
and the foam is hard to get off without sanding. That might make it
inappropriate.

I would use epoxy. It fills gaps, doesn't need to be clamped, and doesn't
foam. It is expensive.