Posted to alt.home.repair
jJim McLaughlin jJim McLaughlin is offline

Default Gorilla Glue

wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with Gorilla glue? I'm repair an
antique and need to glue some blocks on the bottom of it for the
casters. I only want to use glue because that's what was used
originally and I want to keep it as original as possible. Just
wondering if the glue will hold or is there a better alternative.

Thanks,

My experience has been that the Gorilla Glue is stronger than any wood
to which I have applied it. Its strong stuff. The moisture ressance after
cure is helpful.

I've had equally good experience with aliphatic resin glues and I suspect
Gorilla Glue is just a variation on one of these.

Even Elmer's carpenters glue is equally strong if moisture after cure is
not an ssue,
and if the possble unsightly glue puddles with the Elmers are not an
concern.
Careful working habits will avoid most of those problems, which can also
occur
with the Gorilla Glue, too, if you are sloppy.