Michael Shaffer

Default About to start welding does this look safe?

In that picture the wires aren't connected, they're just sitting in
front of the plug.. I haven't plugged them in yet. I guess I'll go get a
plug now. I wonder if Sears sells them.

Don Bruder wrote:
In article Fwymc.25122$Z%5.7171@okepread01,
Michael Shaffer wrote:

Thanks for the help, one more question. I don't have a 220v plug, is it
ok to just push the wires into the dryer plug I'm using (the breaker is
OFF) for now?

Not just "no", or even "NO!", or even "*NO!!!*", but "**** NO, YOU CRAZY
SONUVVABITCH!!!!!"

Does that get the message across clearly enough?

Get to the hardware store or welding supply, and get a proper plug.
Then, since it's quite clear (by virtue of the fact that you needed to
ask the question at all - if you had any idea what's involved, you would
have already known the answer without needing to ask) that you have *NO
CLUE* what you're doing in that area, hire somebody to install it
properly for you. Unlike the welder, that sort of screwing around *CAN*
get you killed. What I see in the picture is a fire and/or electrocution
just waiting for a chance to happen. Never mind the lack of any
grounding, which may leave the welder's case electrically "hot" enough
to fry you crispy the first time you turn it on.