Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT, I guess. What happens with FIOS

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 19:36:41 -0500, Uncle Monster
wrote:

I got to see the (phone co. battery room) in Fort Worth about 25 years
ago. They had a lot of big batteries, some of which came out of old
submarines.

Most people have no idea of what's in those nondescript
buildings and under the streets and sidewalks of their
cities and towns.

[8~{} Uncle Monster

This all started when they started putting the gas pipes and electric
wires IN the walls. They should have left them outside so people would
appreciate how complicated they are. Easier to repair too.

I agree that it's hard to realize, even if one knows, how much stuff
is down there. I think there is a big oil pipe running from Texas to
New Jersey and and non-consumer gas pipes all over the place, and lots
of stuff liket that.