Paul T.

Default How to make things for money at home

With your equipment I would add a small vertical bandsaw and then consider
doing some "decorative iron" type work for homeowners. This would include
iron gates, shelves, trellis's and other things people like to add to
customize their houses. Make some fliers up and stuff them in mailboxes
while the post office isn't looking to land your first customers, then word
of mouth will bring you more.

If you search around the web a little you'll find some good online suppliers
of components for doing decorative iron work that show up ready to weld
together.

One of the cheapo $199. 4x6 vertical bandsaws will be good enough to get you
started. I've had one that I thought would last about a year thats going on
20 years now, and it generally gets used at least once a day.

Good luck-

Paul T.

"Danny" wrote in message
m...
I sont have alot of experience but a lot of determination. I have some
hand grinders and mig and arc welders.

Is there something that would be useful I could maufacture in my
garage and sell on ebay or something for money. Mainly as a hobby. I
am no looking to get rich, just some pocket money for the new baby
that is on the way.

My dad just bought a 49 cub tractor at the auction and I am going
through it for him. Alot of people collect these. WOndered If making
tail light brakets or the choke rod would be of any benefit? I dont
have the equipment to do complex shapes and I am not a machinist, I
wish I was. (Maybe an excuse to buy more equipment!) I just love to
work with metal and my day job is in the office so I like to get dirty
during evenings and weekends.

Any advice?