Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default plumbing question

When I first moved into my house, no matter how many times I asked her not
to do it, she would forget and either flush the toilet or start the laundry
washer while I was in the shower. I would either be scalded by the toilet or
frozen by the washer taking all the hot water.

I have since fixed the problem with temperature and pressure control valves
in all the showers along with additional parallel piping and larger sizes
for the house supply mains.

wrote in message
oups.com...
all the water lines inside my home are 1/2 inch, although the outdoor
supply is 3/4

we have a single copper 1/2 inch line servicing the bathroom. it
supplies the toilet sink and finally the shower

if someone flushes the toilet while someone is in the shower they get
burned.

the cold water pressure and flow drops nearly all goes to the toilet.

my fix is add a hot and cold PEX lines just for the shower from the
hot water tank area.

i think this would decrease the problem a lot.

my neighbor thinks it wouldnt help. he will be helping snake the line
and feels the pex is a waste of time.

opinions please.............