Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Topicality

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
| Morris Dovey wrote:
|| SteveB wrote:
||| Well, I guess that would be the three where this inane discussion
||| is taking place, wouldn't it?
|| Ok, since the conversation(s) have wandered a bit afield, I'm
|| happy to help you out with this subthread by prepending "[OT]" to
|| the subject so you can filter more conveniently for all three of
|| this newsgroup.
|
| OT isn't allowed on RCM. Our resident net Nazi gets upset about
| OT posts.

Bummer. You have my condolances. The folks here on rec.woodworking
have decided that putting up with net nannies/control freaks is worse
than the occasional off-topic thread - and one of our regulars
maintains a filtering package for those who'd prefer not to see the OT
threads (or the occasionally really nasty garbage posts) at all.

Normally (but obviously not always) we add "OT" to the subject to
facilitate filtering, and it works fairly well. RW (the "wreck") is a
fairly convivial group - and occasionally the people who've gotten to
know each other here do enjoy OT side discussions. The antisocial
types who pop in and object are generally held in low regard - the
wreck values right answers, but not people who're all about _being_
right.

I'll gladly trim RCM from my future responses. :-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar