Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default McFeely's

On Sep 13, 4:03 pm, Bill Waller wrote:

It looks like they sold out or got sucked up.

Mmmmmmm. We are all making a lot of assumptions here.
McFeely has developed an asset worth a lot of money.
Maybe it was time to move on.
I just hope that Granger can keep that "AwChucks' image alive, an
image I found so endearing and was willing to pay extra for.
That one-on-one relationship is so damned rare these days. Will
Granger say: "I'll get on it, Rob, btw, how is your sister?"
Not bloody likely.
The whole square drive profit centre will get a good thinning, and
they'll keep those few things which will make them money. Guys like
McFeely also had parts and pieces, not as a profit centre, but as a
complement to a profit centre. Granger's MBA's are not likely to give
a damn about that.
McFeely was a Festool dealer as well....that makes for an interesting
marriage.

My gut-feeling tells me that McFeely did all right, WE are not likely
to benefit. Granger will likely rape the brand.
Maybe we'll get square-drive screws made in China, which may or may
not fit our drivers.

/cynicism