Karl Townsend

Default Tig Cooler Pump Question

(cost me exactly $20.00) I was able to supply the welder with constant
60
PSI of pressure. I run another hose with fitting into the drain. The

water
solenoid inside the welder works great. Not to worried about wasting

You're one up on me. Mine failed a few weeks ago and the repair isn't done
yet. My shop freezes in the winter, or at least it can when I'm gone, so I
need antifreeze solution for coolant. I bought a diaphram pump from surplus
center.

My Lincoln IdealArc Stick/Tig doesn't have a solenoid for the water, just
the gas. This is why the first pump failed, it was left on for a week ( Nice
to have a kid around to help break things) I need to go inside the welder to
get the wire for the gas solenoid and use it to turn the coolant pump on.
Then the pump will only run when gas is called for.

Karl