Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT, I guess. What happens with FIOS

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 23:07:01 -0400, willshak
wrote:

on 9/13/2007 10:48 PM mm said the following:
A friend tells me tonight that if you subscribe to FIOS from Verizon,
at least when you use it for everything you have (tv, internet, phone,
or any subset) when they install the optical cable, they take out your
copper.

So that you can never go back.

I would think that the telephone and cable tv companies would have
something to say about who can remove their equipment.

Around here, Verizon IS the owner of the phone lines. Verizon is the
phone company. (TPC in "The President's Analyst" a movie that could
have been great, but iirc wasn't.)

No one is taking out cable. If my use of "copper" seemed to include
cable, I apologize. But the only phone service avaialble on cable is
VOIP iiuc, and not everyone wants that. Not me.