DoN. Nichols

Default Any lawyers on the list?

In article ,
Jon Elson wrote:

Harold & Susan Vordos wrote:
Susan has had a recent very unhappy experience with a seller on eBay. She
received an art glass item that was represented as being in good condition,
with no repairs, but is has, indeed, been repaired, and it is VERY
noticeable.
She even sent an email asking specifically if the piece had any issues with
which we should be concerned. The wife sent an email stating "There are no
chips, cracks, repairs or damage whatsoever."

Several photographs of the item were shown in the listing, each carefully
composed so as to not show the repaired area. The seller maintains that
it is not a repair, but an inclusion, but a certified and accredited
appraiser doesn't seem to agree with the seller, nor do we. It is more than
obvious that the area around the glass has been altered from the original
acid etched finish. This is not a two bit item, she paid almost $1,200 for
it, and we are not wealthy people. She affords such a purchase only on rare
occasion.

[ ... ]

Be sure to download and print out any auction pages from eBay before they
disappear, to document what they represented the item as.

I'm glad to see that this has already been suggested, and I
second it. Hopefully, the seller has not already removed the images
from their web site -- or you have already printed your copies.

It is a shame that something like this has to happen to
*anyone*.

I wish you the best of luck in dealing with this.
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564