Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
Dave Gordon Dave Gordon is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,orseen so far ?

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Dave wrote:

We do, whe just don't get 'British'.

'English', not British, was the language that your founding fathers
brought to your shore. Was it the Mayflower that was one of the first
ships to land and populate that land?

'British' = your slang.

It was you that chose to *******ise it, by ignoring the changes that we
made to it over the years. Hence we talk the same language, but do not
understand each other

Dave

Look at what the British have done to it in the last 250 years. Talk
about *******izing! You're your own worst ennemy.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

People, people.
It was Bill Brysons book about language that asserted, I don't know with what justification, that the
current US "drawl" is more like the accent used by Elizabethan English - i.e. when the Mayflower set
sail - than the current English accent that comes from a load of Germans, Dutch and Greeks that we
brought over 200 years ago to rule us.
So you guys are actually closer to original English than we, the English, are.