Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,orseensofar ?

willshak wrote:

on 9/12/2007 4:49 PM Michael A. Terrell said the following:
willshak wrote:

Bring on more insults.

Why? Can't you afford a mirror?

I have a few of them.
I also have a DD214. There are a lot of US Veterans on this newsgroup.

Sorry about your injury.

I served during Vietnam era, but never saw combat. I had severe
health problems, but a very good background in electronics so they
drafted me, after telling me I couldn't enlist because of five separate
4F ratings. I was legally disabled when I was drafted, but I served. I
tested out of the three year electronics school for broadcast engineer
while I was in basic training, and skipped AIT. It was a few years ago
those problems got so bad that I can no longer work.

I was fortunate to have
served between the Korean and Viet Nam wars.

Only one person in seven in the US military ever sees combat. Some
people don't understand that. There is more to a fighting force than
the front line, and everything has to work properly, or those at the
front line all die.

I also have a certificate honoring my 38 years of municipal service,
which service required that I enforce the criminal and traffic laws of
New York State and carry a gun when on duty.

Good for you. Were you an MP or SP wile in the military? A lot of
the better police officers got their training that way. I only met a
couple bad ones while in the US Army. I bet that they all remembered me
for a while. It's amazing what a quick talk with their watch commander
can do when they screw up. I worked 'Weathervision' at Ft. Rucker
and had several try to keep me from doing my duty. All the watch
commander had to hear was 'Weathervision' and the MP got yelled at, and
reminded that if our group didn't get their job done, the helicopter
school had to shut down.

I received a letter of commendation from my commanding General for my
work to resurrect a totally screwed up AFRTS TV station. I ignored that
everything was depot level work, and fixed everything in the station.
Then the station manager tried to have me court martailed for
'dereliction of duty' for the work I did. It was quickly dropped, and I
was promoted.

I went back into electronics after I left the service. At my last job
I was building telemetry equipment for a lot of US government agencies,
some that are still under NDA.

I also own 5 handguns and two rifles.
I also was once a member of the NRA.
Surprised?

Not really. I was just responding to your jab. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida