Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y,rec.woodworking
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:15:14 UTC, "Swingman" wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message

he was sent to one of the USAF bases over here to induct new service
personnel into the pitfalls of our common language.

A personal favorite was when my cute secretary at the aircraft factory where
I worked in Heston, UK would say to me frequently: "knock me up".

And in the reverse sense (UK to US): "I'm dying for a fag"

http://www.diybanter.com