Robert Swinney

Default Any lawyers on the list?

Richard,

Many thanks for your primer on ebay etiquette and procedure. It should be
required reading for all those doing business on ebay. Of course, it won't
do any real good for those that need it most. Hucksters will continue
huckstering and suckers will continue sucking at the tap of "too good to be
true".

I am very sorry to hear that such nice people as Harold and his bride were
taken in by ebay fraud. We may all profit from Harold's bitter experience,
though. I suspect he will hang on with the ferocity of a bull dog until
vindication is his. Hopefully, the slime-ball that conned Harold will
eventually rue the day and maybe there will be lesson is good business
practices for almight ebay.

Bob Swinney

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
Harold & Susan Vordos writes:

At this point we intend to take them to court. Our big problem is
they are on the right hand side of the country, and we are on the left
hand side.

Is there anyone that would consider giving us a little guidance in
making a decision in how to pursue this matter?

I am not a lawyer, but I have hired plenty of them and I can tell you what
the best advice on this would be. A $1200 case is far too small for

actual
litigation, and certainly not in a distant state. A "love letter" from
your lawyer might work, but not likely. Small claims might work but it is
too far away and it will cost you more in stomach lining than you will
recover. You can earn new money faster than you can recover this lost
money. So you have to write this off and get on with your life.

See my tale of being an eBay fraud victim:

http://www.truetex.com/ebayfraud.htm

Sounds like you already got the small eBay "buyer protection" settlement.