Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default Productivity

flipper wrote:

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:02:15 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Rich Grise wrote:

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 21:31:01 -0700, John Larkin wrote:

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:40:33 GMT, Joerg

I prefer the hearty kind of the All American breakfast. Eggs, bacon,
sausages, potatoes, grits.

Grits! I love grits. But where did you pick up that habit?

I first had grits in the Chow Hall at Shaw AFB, Sumter, SC. The
southern boys got a kick out of watching the carpetbaggers put
cream and sugar on their grits, as if it was cream-of-wheat. I
learned early on that they're supposed to get lots of butter, salt
and pepper. ;-)

And, has anyone heard the old joke about the Yankee who just
arrives in the South, and at a restaurant, he decides to try some.
He says, "And some grits".
Waitress asks, "Hominy?"
Customer says, "Oh, I don't know - five or six, maybe?"

The usual answer would be "Y' ain't from around town, are ya, boy?"
Followed by some really suspicious looks from the other patrons.

If you want some really strange looks, try ordering iced tea in
England.

Or ice coffee in the US. My mom tried that, craving her German cup of
"Eiskaffee". The completely puzzled waitress gave her regular coffee
with ice cubes in there ....

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com