Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default Way OT Shotgun question

On Sep 10, 10:10 pm, "Carl McIver" wrote:
I just bought a Mossberg HS410 for my family (my youngest kid is 12, so
I wanted a smaller gun) and was looking for a folding stock that is
adjustable in length. There's a few for Mossberg bigger gages, but I
haven't been able to find one for this one. Is anyone aware of one that I
haven't found, or one that can be made to fit? There's a good bit of
difference in the sizes of the folks in my family, from 5'3" to 6'1", so a
comfortable stock will help a lot at the range.

There's a bunch of adapters out there for telescoping M4 carbine butt
stocks to adapt them to a number of different long guns, have even
seen them for 10/22s. This is an ideal solution for this sort of
thing, they've got 6 positions. Might not be an adapter or stock set
for your particular gun, but this IS a metalworking group, after all.
Might be you can make something that would be saleable. Downside is
that you'll have about as much in the buttstock as the whole gun is
worth. Look up "tactical", "shotgun" and "buttstock" on google,
you'll probably get some ideas.

The other thing to watch out for is some states have laws against
"evil" features like folding stocks. Don't know if the M4 stock would
qualify, but you don't want some Barney Fife trying to find out,
either.

Mossberg has youth stocks available for some models, you can contact
them directly to see if they have one for your gun.

Stan