Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Veatch Tom Veatch is offline

Default OT - Seattle Man Gets Two Years for eBay Fraud

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 20:29:05 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

Also some comments regarding the $2000 limit before PayPal demands a
straight shot at your bank account as well as various anecdotal instances
of extreme difficulty getting refunds from PayPal. The latter, since they
are anecdotal are hard to determine whether a pattern is present or not.
However, the straight shot at my bank account is not going to happen.

I realize that is 2004 information; has PayPal changed it policy regarding
this?

I don't have any idea what current policy is. I didn't pay a lot of
detailed attention to the older posts, but remember thinking that a
$2000 balance limit might not be a bad thing. But, if, as it appears,
it's a limit based on the sum of all transaction history, current or
cleared, then I'll have to agree that it's a large load of fecal
matter for which I see no reasonable justification.

It was interesting that one of the primary concerns voiced in this
thread - PayPal access to bank accounts - didn't seem to draw any
complaints on that particular board. At least none that I noticed.
But, like all the prospectus says, "Past performance is no guarantee
of future results."

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA