Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default status of new workshop

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:55:28 -0000, with neither quill nor qualm, mike
quickly quoth:

Concrete is on the ground and being finished right now! I will erect
the building this weekend, Sept. 15th.

Condolences. Didn't the concrete contractor tell you that if it
doesn't cure for a month, it'll crumble and you'll be without a shop?

Even for high-early strength mix (which I somewhat doubt it is) you want
at least 7 days of good curing. Green (fresh) concrete is fragile as all
get-out, and gets stronger with age and wet. 28 days at 70 F with
sufficient water at all times is the "standard design strength". 4 days
is silly. If it rains, leave it alone, if it doesn't rain, put a
sprinkler on it, and leave the damn thing to itself for a few weeks,
minimum.